Sweepstakes: Data Protection Information
In the context of participation in the DEEP BERLIN online sweepstakes, personal data will be processed by us as the data controller and stored for a specified period necessary to fulfill the specified purposes and, if applicable, legal obligations. In the following, we provide information about what data is involved, how it is processed and what rights you have in this regard.
1. Name and Contact Details of the Data Controller
HELLA Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
12109 Berlin, Germany
The data protection officer of HAGL can be contacted at the above address, Attn. Data Protection Officer, or can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding data protection law or your rights as a data subject, you can contact our data protection officer directly at any time.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Purpose of Processing in the Context of the DEEP BERLIN Online Sweepstakes
A LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook account is required to participate in the sweepstakes, as the sweepstakes will be published via the aforementioned social media platforms. To enter the sweepstakes, simply send the solution by email to email@example.com.
After the closing date, the winner will be drawn by lottery and informed by email (see Section 8 of the Terms and Conditions of Participation). If you have won, we will need the following personal data for the distribution of the prize: first and last name, address and contact address.
Your personal data will be processed exclusively in the context of the participation in the sweepstakes and for the following purposes: to determine the winner, to contact you in the event of a win and to distribute the prize (see Terms and Conditions of Participation for the DEEP BERLIN Online Sweepstakes).
By sending the solution by email, you accept the sweepstakes terms and conditions. Data processing shall be carried out in response to your email and is required in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. b GDPR for the aforementioned purposes for the fulfillment of the contract and pre-contractual measures.
3. Storage Duration
The principle of strict purpose limitation applies to the storage period. This means that your personal data will be deleted after the end of the purpose and thus after the end of the competition and the announcement of the winner.
4. Transfer of Data to a Third Party
As part of the competition, the personal data collected will be transmitted to The Drivery GmbH (Mariendorfer Damm 1, 12099 Berlin, Germany), which will provide the prize.
In addition, the winner’s first and last name will be published via posts on the company Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter social media pages of (1) HELLA Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH and (2) Deep Berlin.
The transmission and publication takes place in response to your email for participation and in the event of winning the competition and is required pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR for the aforementioned purposes for the performance of the contract and pre-contractual measures.
5. Prize redemption
As a precautionary measure, we would like to inform you that in order to redeem the prize, the requirements listed below apply, which require the collection and processing of further personal data by The Drivery GmbH: The winner must be in possession of a smartphone on which the “The Drivery” app and the “Slack” app can be downloaded and are functional. This is a basic requirement for access to and use of the premises of The Drivery GmbH and for communication with The Drivery GmbH.
Further information can be found in The Drivery GmbH’s data protection information.
6. Your Rights
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information from HAGL about the personal data stored about you in the context of the competition
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand immediate correction of incorrect or complete information about your stored personal data
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your stored personal data
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can contact the supervisory authority at our registered office (https://www.datenschutz-berlin.de/).
7. Right to Object According to Art. 21 GDPR
According to Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time, provided that the processing is based on our legitimate interest. In the event of an objection, we will no longer process your data. An exception exists if there are compelling reasons worthy of protection that outweigh your interests. If you wish to exercise your right to object, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Technical Data Protection and Data Security
All data transmitted by you personally will be encrypted using the generally accepted and secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a secure and proven standard also used in applications such as online banking. You can recognize a secure TLS connection by the ‘s’ appended to the ‘http’ (i.e. https://..) in the address bar of your browser, or by the lock symbol in the bottom section of your browser.